EH CCS120 analog total chlorine (HOCl, OCl, chloramines) disinfection sensor for all water and wastewater applications. 0,1 - 10ppm total chlorine measurement range (pH 6,5 - 9,5). NPT 3/4" Thread. Includes NTC-temperature sensor and TOP68 plug-in head.
- Drinking water conditioning
- Pool water conditioning
- Service water conditioning
- Waste water treatment
- Flow and immersion installation
- Works with the well known assemblies: CCA250, CYA611
- Works with the transmitter CCM223/253
- Retrofitable in existing applications
- Sensor selection via menu of the transmitter CCM223/253
- Temperature sensor NTC 10K
The amperometric sensor is based on the conversion of the measuring variable chlorine in electrical current.
Two electrodes covered by an electrolyte are in contact to the medium via a membrane. It has a platinum
working electrode and a silver halogenide coated counter or reference electrode. The chlorine compounds
contained in the medium diffuse through the membrane. The constant polarisation voltage between the two
electrodes instigates the electrochemical reaction of the chlorine compounds on the working electrode. The
resulting current is measured as a primary signal (amperometric measurement principle). It is proportional to
the chlorine concentration within the sensor’s operating range and only slightly pH dependant for this type of
sensor. The primary signal is converted by the amplifier electronics of the sensor into a 0 ... 5 μA output signal
which is displayed by the transmitter.