The Micropilot S is used for highly accurate level measurement in storage tanks and
can be applied in custody transfer applications. It meets the relevant requirements
according to OIML R85 and API 3.1B.
Typical areas of application are:
- The Micropilot S with parabolic antenna is excellently suited for free space applications up to 40 m (131 ft).
- The Micropilot S with horn antenna is suitable for free space applications that disallow the use of a parabolic antenna due to tank/nozzle geometry.
The FMR540 with a DN200 (8") or DN250 (10") parabolic antenna offers high beam
focussing of 4.4° or 3.3° respectively, and is therefore ideally suited to applications with
nozzles situated close to the tank wall. The FMR540 with DN100 (4") horn antenna is
designed for all small nozzles sizes.
- Accuracy: better than 1 mm (0.04 in).
- National approvals (NMi, PTB) for custody transfer.
- Easy integration into tank gauging systems via the Tank Side Monitor NRF590.
- Low-cost, easy installation via 4-wire cable with HART and 24 V DC (intrinsically safe).
- Low cost, low weight universal flanges.
- Alignment device to compensate any flange inclination.
- Easy on-site operation via menu-driven alphanumeric display.
- Easy commissioning, documentation and maintenance/diagnostics via operating software (FieldCare).
- HART communication.
The Micropilot is a "downward-looking" measuring system, operating based on the time-of-flight
method. It measures the distance from the reference point (process connection) to the product surface.
Radar impulses are emitted by an antenna, reflected off the product surface and received again by the