The Silopilot M FMM50 is an electromechanical level measurement
system. Depending on the sensing weight, the level in bunkers or
silos can be measured - whether for dusty, fine or coarse - grained
bulk products, or in tanks containing liquids.
According to the mechanical design of the Silopilot and the fittings,
measurement in silos or tanks can be performed at operating temper-
atures up to 230°C and at operating pressures up to 3 bar absolute,
or in aggressive atmospheres, e.g. acidic or caustic vapours.
- Measurement of levels up to 70 m irrespective of the product aracteristics.
- Accuracy of ±5 cm or ±1 pulse, therefore precise detection of the level
- Compact transmitter with 0/4 - 20 mA current output as well as further free programmable signal outputs, e.g. counter pulse
- Quick menu-guided local operation using a 4-line text display
- Fully electronic digital minimum fail-safe control, therefore no running down of the sensor weight into the silo outlet and no risk to the conveying systems
- High performance three-phase engine (traction power up to 500N) using a single-phase supply voltage by employment of a converter, therefore simple electric supply
- Optional design with certification for application in areas subject to dust explosion hazard zones 20, 21 an 22 (measuring zone) or zones 21 and 22 (device zone), category 1/2D.
A measuring tape, loaded with a sensing weight, is lowered into the bunker or silo. When the weight meets the surface of the product the tension on the measuring tape is relaxed and this is detected by the Silopilot electronics.