The Soliswitch FTE20 is a paddle switch for granular solids. Its robust and compact design makes the point level switch an ideal sensor for detecting the full, empty or refill status in applications with bulk solids, such as in silos containing solids.
- Full sensor
- Empty sensor
- Point level sensor
- Safe operation
- Automatic rotation monitoring (optional)
- Optical rotation monitoring
- Ex approvals: ATEX II 1/2D, FM DIP/ II, III/1/E-G
- Switching threshold can be set even during operation
- Robust plastic housing with cover with sight glass
- Fault detection without uninstalling the device by means of
- Visualization of shaft rotation, visible when device is installed
- Ability to test the switching function
- Easy installation thanks to
- Screw-cover housing
- Preformed cable entries
- Push-in double-level terminals
- Captive screw cap
- Weight of solids can be adjusted without the need for tools
- Housing can be rotated through 360 ° to enable optimal alignment following installation
The paddle switch is primarily used to detect the full or refill status in silos containing solids. When used as a refill switch, it is typically mounted from below or at an angled position from below in the silo cone. When used as a full switch, it is fitted in the roof of the silo.
The shaft and paddle are driven using a reduction gear and synchronous motor. If the paddle is stopped by material covering it, the hinged motor in the housing moves from the rest to the switch position. This movement operates two switch contacts; the first is for external level indication and the second switches off the power to the motor.
The paddle starts to rotate once the medium level falls below the paddle, the hinged motor returns to its rest position and the two contacts switch to normal operation. Intermittent loads that operate against or even in the same direction of rotation are evened out by a slip clutch.
The rotational movement of the shaft can be observed from the outside when the cover is closed. Optional automatic rotation monitoring detects a blockage or the failure of the drive unit.
Complete point level switch consisting of a shaft (optionally available with rope extension) with synchronous motor and slip clutch, and single pole changeover contact. Typical application areas are point level detection in bulk solids, e.g. cereals, sugar, cacao, animal feeds, washing powders, chalk, dry plaster, cement, granulates and wood chips.