- Point level detection in tanks containing liquids and silos containing bulk solids. For capacitance sensors, which may also be used in hazardous areas of category ATEX II (1) GD
- Overfill protection for tanks containing flammable or non-flammable fluids hazardous to water
- Dry running protection for pumps
- Two-point control (s with 3-WIRE)
- Intrinsically safe signal circuit [EEx ia] IIC for using sensors in hazardous areas
- Calibration using operating keys
- High functional safety thanks to:
- fail-safe pulse-frequency modulation (PFM) or 3-WIRE technology
- Checkable relay function
- Compact housing for easy series mounting on a standard DIN rail in the cabinet
- Pluggable terminal blocks make wiring easy
- Can be used with FEI57S (PFM), FEI53 (3-WIRE)
- Limit value and alarm relay
- WHG approval (PFM)
- Protection against maloperation and manipulation
- each change of the device configuration leads to signaling via the red LED and a fault message
Probe and tank (or ground tube/counterpotential) form a capacitor whose capacitance changes with the level
of the product.
The electronic insert FEI57 converts the change of
capacitance into a change of frequency, which switches the
output relay in the Nivotester FTC325 PFM.
The electronic insert FEI53 converts the change of
capacitance into a voltage signal, which switches the
output relay in the Nivotester FTC325 3-WIRE.