The Liquicap T sensor is used in conductive liquids
(as of 30 μS/cm) for continuous level measurement and
is preconfigured from factory 0 %...100 % to probe length
As of a conductivity of 30 μS/cm, the measurement is
independent of the dc-value (dielectric constant) of the
liquid. It can also be deployed in Ex area, Zone 2.
The Liquicap T is particularly suited to the following
- Small measuring ranges (as of 150 mm)
- Cistern measurements
- Aggressive liquids (many acids and alkalis)
- Independent of the tank material (plastic, stainless steel or concrete) or the tank shape
Used in conjunction with the Fieldgate FXA320 (remote
measured value interrogation using Internet technology),
Liquicap T is an ideal solution for inventorying
- Safe function regardless of tank geometry thanks to probe design
- No calibration necessary (preconfigured from factory 0 %...100 % to probe length ordered)
- High quality, non-corrosive materials (carbon fibre, stainless steel) for use in aggressive liquids and liquids which present a hazard to water (WHG-approved (German Water Resources Law))
- No moving parts in tank - long operating life - dependable function without wear
- Cost-effective solution for continuous measurement of levels in conductive liquids
- Optimised storage by simply shortening the probe rods on site (probe shortening set)
The probe, medium and ground rod (counter electrode) form an electric capacitor.
If the probe is in the air ➀, a certain low initial capacitance is measured.
When the tank is filled, the capacitance of the capacitor increases the more the probe is covered ➁ ➂.
As of a conductivity of 30 μs/cm, the measurement does not depend on the dc-value of the liquid.
The electronic insert of the probe converts the capacitance measured to a current, in proportion to the level,
in the range of 4...20 mA, thus making it possible to interpret the level.
All input and output channels are safely galvanically isolated from one another.