The FTR20 flow indicator for bulk solids is a non-contact
device based on microwave technology. It is ideally suited for
monitoring pneumatic and mechanical transport processes
for bulk solids.
The compact device can be used wherever the cost-effective
monitoring of bulk solids movement is required.
Typical areas of application or bulk solids are:
- Building materials industry: Cement, plaster, wood chips etc.
- Chemical industry: Fertilizers, plastic powder and granules, silica etc.
- Food industry: Coffee, tea, tobacco, cereals, malt, animal feeds etc.
- Energy production: Coal, carbon dust, fly-ash, coke etc.
Individual adjustments to the application are carried out by
means of configurable functions (including automatic cali-
bration). In addition, changes in the mass flow can be ana-
lyzed by the optional 4 - 20 mA current output.
- Compact device: Sensor, transmitter and power unit are mounted in a housing, which means less effort is required for installation and mounting.
- The device can be used wherever cost-effective monitoring of a mass flow (present or not present) is required.
- Flush-mounted installation, non-contact installation possible
- Easy mounting using R 11⁄2 or 11⁄2 NPT thread or a suitable mounting bracket
- Electronics housing can be rotated by 360°, allowing orientation into optimum position after installation
- Mechanical robustness
- No wear
- Process-wetted ceramic sensor diaphragm (optional)
- Long service life
- Signaling of mass flow
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Compliant with ATEX, CSA and IECEx
The FTR20 flow indicator for bulk solids works using microwave technology. A signal is transmitted, and this signal is reflected by the moving bulk solids. The FTR20 measures the strength of the reflected, frequency-shifted (Doppler effect) energy, this is analyzed and put out via the display or the signal output.
The range of the FTR20 is influenced by varying materials, with the attenuation depending on the damping
characteristics of the bulk solids.
The FTR20 monitors the outflow of a screw conveyor. If the flow of material slows down (for example
due to clogging of the pipe leading downwards or if there is no material being conveyed due to a failure
in the screw conveyor), the device generates a message to this effect. This can then be processed further
in the system.
The FTR20 monitors the continuous mass flow at a transition point, a break in the flow is detected and put out at the signal output.
The FTR20 monitors if there is material on the conveyor belt.