This conductivity sensor is designed for
industrial and power plant applications
(e.g. condensate measurement) where
low conductivities must be measured
under high pressures and temperatures.
The measuring range of the sensors
depends on the cell constant k.
- k = 0.01 cm –1 : 0.04 ... 20 μS/cm
- k = 0.1 cm –1 : 0.1 ... 200 μS/cm
Sensors with a Pt 100 temperature sensor
are used together with conductivity
measuring instruments equipped with
automatic temperature compensation:
- Mycom S CLM 153
- Liquisys M CLM 223/253
- MyPro CLM 431
For measurement of specific resistance,
MΩ · cm measuring ranges are available
in the menues of these transmitters.
With ATEX approval for
application in hazardous areas.
- Optimum adaptation to process conditions or mounting place due to different designs
- Mounting in pipes or flow chambers
- Application with temperatures of up to 160 °C / 320 °F and pressures of up to 40 bar / 580 psi
- Simple measuring cable connection due to large connection compartment
- Quality certificate stating the individual cell constant
The conductivity of liquids is measured with a
measuring system that has two coaxially
arranged electrodes like a capacitor.
The electric resistance or its reciprocal value,
the conductance G, is measured according to
Ohm’s law. The specific conductivity κ is
determined using the cell constant k that is
dependent on the sensor geometry.