Turbimax CUS51D is a sensor for all applications of wastewater treatment.
- Turbidity measurement in the outlet
- Suspended solids in the activated sludge basin and in the recirculation
- Suspended solids in the sludge treatment
- Filterable solids in the outlet
- All sensor principles (90░, 135░ and four-beam pulsed light) are included in the sensor head and allow optimal adaption to the measurement task.
- The sensor is factory-calibrated (basis formazine). All selectable applications (e.g. activated sludge) are precalibrated and allow quick and easy commissioning.
- Standardized communication (Memosens technology) allows "plug and play".
- Intelligent sensor - all characteristics and calibration values are stored in the sensor.
- Calibrations provided by the customer with up to 5 points - realizable in lab or on site.
For turbidity measurement a light beam is sent through the medium and is diverted from its original
direction by optically denser particles, e.g. solid matter particles. This process is also called scattering.
The impinging light will be scattered in different angles. Two angles are of interest in this matter:
- The scattered light in the 90░ direction is less influenced by the size of the particles.
- The scattered light in the 135░ direction gives enough information also at a high number of particles.
If only a small number of particles is in the medium, most of the light will be scattered to the 90░
channel and less light will be scattered to the 135░ channel. When the number of particles increases
the relationship will change (more light scattered to the 135░ channel, less light scattered to the