The Micropilot S is used for highly accurate level measurement in storage tanks and
can be applied in custody transfer applications. It meets the relevant requirements
according to OIML R85 and API 3.1B
The FMR533 with parabolic antenna is excellently suited for free space applications up
to 40 m (131 ft).
- 0.5 mm (0.02 in) accuracy (2 value)
- National approvals (NMi, PTB) for custody transfer.
- Easy integration into tank gauging systems via the Tank Side Monitor NRF590.
- Easy and safe local operation via menu-guided alphanumeric display.
- Easy commissioning, documentation and maintenance via FDT/DTM technology (FieldCare).
- Low-cost, easy installation via 4-wire cable with HART and 24 V DC (intrinsically safe).
- Gas-tight process connection (second line of defense) standard for any antenna version.
- Inventory Control version with reduced accuracy (3 mm [0.12 in]) available for all device versions.
The Micropilot is a "downward-looking" measuring system, operating based on the time-of-flight method. It measures the distance from the reference point (process connection) to the product surface.
Radar impulses are emitted by an antenna, reflected off the product surface and received again by the radar system.