The density measuring line can be used in liquid media.
It is used for the following purposes:
- Density measurement
- Intelligent medium detection
- To calculate the reference density
- To calculate the concentration of a liquid
- To convert values to different units such as °Brix, °Baumé, °API etc.
In conjunction with Liquiphant M Density with
electronic insert FEL50D, the Density Computer
FML621 returns a continuous density measured value.
Furthermore, values can be converted to Baumé, °Brix
Additional software modules, such as determining the
reference density, intelligent medium differentiation and
concentration identification, support the user in
monitoring the quality for example.
The tables for converting density to concentration must
be provided by the customer.
Sensor versions with electronic insert FEL50D
Compact design, ideal for mounting in pipes and for
installation in areas difficult to access
With extension pipe up to 3 m
Highly corrosion-resistant Alloy C4 (2.4610) is available
for the tuning fork and process connection for
applications in very aggressive liquids.
With polished tuning fork and easy-to-clean process
connections and housings for food and pharmaceutical
All the wetted parts are available with a wide range of
coatings, such as enamel, PFA and ECTFE, and are thus
suitable for use in very aggressive liquids.
International approvals certify use in hazardous areas.
- Measurement used directly in tanks or pipes without the need for additional pipework
- Large number of process connections to choose from: universal usage
- Integration of existing temperature measurements for temperature compensation
- No mechanically moving parts: no maintenance, no wear, long operating life
- Pump protection can be provided with the same process connection
- Additional calculations, such as the concentration of a product, can be performed in the Density Computer FML621
- The integrated data logger supports users with data during operation and servicing
- Hygiene-compliant solutions with EHEDG and 3A approvals
A piezoelectric drive excites the tuning fork of the Liquiphant M Density to its resonance frequency. If the
density of the liquid medium changes, the resonance frequency of the tuning fork also changes. The density of
the medium has a direct impact on the resonance frequency of the tuning fork.
By storing specific medium properties and mathematic relations in the system, the exact concentration of the
medium, for example, can be calculated.