- Process temperatures from –50 °C to 150 °C (-58 to 302 °F)
- Pressures up to 100 bar (1450 psi)
- Viscosities up to 10,000 mm2 /s (cSt)
- For liquids with densities >= 0.5 g/cm3 (SGU)
FTL50: Compact design
FTL51: Extension pipe up to 3 m (9.8 ft) and up to 6 m (20 ft) on request
FTL50H, FTL51H: Certified for the food and pharmaceutical industries
Ideal substitute for float switches, as reliable function not affected by flow, turbulence,
bubbles, foam, vibration, solids content or buildup.
Point level detection
- Recommended for safety systems requiring functional safety to SIL2/SIL3 as per IEC 61508/IEC 61511-1
- Design in accordance with ASME B31.3
- Recommended for use in sterile applications in the life science industry (design in accordance with ASME BPE)
- No adjustment: quick, low-cost startup
- No mechanically moving parts: no maintenance, no wear, long operating life
- Functional safety: Monitoring of tuning fork for damage
- Compact stainless steel housing (optional): the IP69 protection rating guarantees that the unit remains impermeable, even in the event of intensive cleaning or flooding for several hours
Maximum or minimum detection in tanks or pipes containing all kinds of liquids, including use in
hazardous areas, food and pharmaceuticals.
The sensor's fork vibrates at its intrinsic frequency. This frequency is reduced when covered with liquid.
This change in frequency causes the point level switch to switch.