The Liquiphant S is a point level switch for use in all types of liquids
- for process temperatures between –60 °C and 280 °C (–76 °F to 540 °F) (300 °C (572 °C) for max. 50 cumulative hours; without thermal shock restriction)
- for pressures up to 100 bar (1450 psi)
- for viscosities up to 10,000 mPa*s (cSt)
- for density 0.5 g/cm (SGU) or 0.7 g/cm (SGU), other configurations on request
- Foam detection on request
The function is not affected by flow, turbulence, bubbles, foam, vibration, solids
content or buildup, making the Liquiphant an ideal substitute for float switches.
FTL70: Compact design, for pipes also
FTL71: Extension pipe up to 3 m (9.8 ft) and up to 6 m (20 ft) on request
For use in very aggressive liquids, the fork and process connection are available in the highly corrosion-resistant material AlloyC22 (2.4602).
EEx ia, EEx de and EEx d protection enable it to be used in hazardous areas.
Point level detection
- Use in safety systems requiring functional safety to SIL2 in accordance with IEC 61508/IEC 61511-1
- Welded, gas-tight feed-through ensures maximum safety, even in the event of damage to sensor
- With process connections from 3⁄4" and small fork dimensions, it is also suitable where space is tight.
- A wide range of process connections allows for universal application.
- The right connection for every process control system: e.g. NAMUR, relay, DC-PMP,
- PROFIBUS PA interface
- No adjustment: quick, low-cost startup
- No mechanical moving parts: maintenance-free
Maximum or minimum detection in tanks or pipes with all types of cold to very hot liquids. The devices
are also suitable for use in hazardous areas and for applications involving high pressure.
The sensor's fork vibrates at its intrinsic frequency. This frequency is reduced when covered with liquid.
This change in frequency causes the point level switch to switch.