Soliphant M is a robust point level switch for silos with fine-grained or dusty bulk solids
even with a low bulk weight.
The various designs mean the device has a wide range of applications.
Many certificates are available for use in dust or gas incendive hazard areas.
With rope up to 20 m (66 ft) for installation from above
Cereals, flour, cocoa, sugar, animal feed, detergents, dye powder, chalk, gypsum,
cement, plastic granules, fly ash
- Market leader in the area of level detection of bulk solids
- Functional safety up to SIL 2 as per IEC 61508
- No mechanically moving parts: no wear, long operating life
- Insensitive to external vibrations and build-up
- Various electronic inserts: e.g. NAMUR, relay, thyristor and PFM-signal outputs for
- optimum alignment with the plant control system
- Configurable density setting (bulk weight setting) and switching delay
- Process temperature up to 280 °C (536 °F)
- Choice of coated or polished sensor
- Diagnostic function: warning in the event of impending device failure due to buildup or abrasion
A piezoelectric drive excites the tuning fork of Soliphant M to its resonance frequency. If medium
covers the tuning fork, the fork's vibrating amplitude changes (the vibration is damped). Soliphant M's
electronics compare the actual amplitude with a target value and indicate whether the tuning fork is
vibrating freely or whether it is covered by medium.