Soliphant T is a robust point level switch for silos with fine-grained or coarse-grained,
non-fluidised bulk solids.
The various designs means the device has a wide range of applications. Certificates are
also available for use in dust incendive hazard areas.
FTM20 compact design 250 mm (10 in) as vibrating rod for installation in any direction
Typical applications: cereals, coffee beans, sugar, animal feed, rice, detergents, dye
powder, chalk, gypsum, cement, sand, plastic granules
- No calibration: easy commissioning (plug and play)/
- Insensitive to build-up: maintenance-free operation/
- No mechanically moving parts: no wear, long operating life/
- Sensor material 316L: hardly any abrasion even with building materials/
- F16 plastic housing with cover with sight glass: switch status visible from outside/
- F18 aluminium housing also available/
- Insensitive to external vibration and flow noises/
- Also available with explosion protection ATEX II 1/3 D, FM or CSA approval/
A piezoelectric drive excites the vibrating rod of Soliphant T FTM20, FTM21 to its resonance frequency.
If medium covers the vibrating rod, the rod's vibrating amplitude changes (the vibration is damped).
Soliphant's electronics compare the actual amplitude with a target value and indicates whether the vibrating rod is vibrating freely or whether it is covered by medium.