Ultrasonic interface immersion sensor for interface measurement
In many instances in process engineering, suspensions are separated into their solid
and liquid components by sedimentation. To operate this process economically and
efficiently in practice, it is indispensable to monitor the separation and transition zones
of the clarification and settling phases continuously.
Turbimax CUS71D is a sensor for many applications of the interface measurement
- Wastewater treatment: primary clarifier, sludge thickener, secondary clarifier
- Water purification: settling basin after flocculant dosage, filter media expansion monitoring to optimize backwash operations, sludge height in contact sludge process
- Industry: static separation process
- Two different sensor models allow optimal adaption to the measurement task.
- Simple commissioning thanks to predefined calculation models.
- Intelligent sensor - all characteristics and calibration values are stored in the sensor.
A piezoelectric crystal is integrated in a flat cylindrical plastic housing. When the crystal is excited by
an electrical voltage, it generates a sonar signal. The ultrasonic waves are transmitted at a frequency
of 657 kHz at an angle of 6° to scan the separation zones.
The parameter measured is the time it takes for the transmitted ultrasonic signal to reach the solid
particles in the separation zone and return to the receiver.
A sensor version with wiper avoids film formation at the sensor membrane.