Memosens CCS50D offers high-precision
measurement with long-term stability to
guarantee optimum process monitoring
- Drinking water – to guarantee reliable disinfection
- Cooling water – to prevent the growth of biofilms and pathogens
- Food – to guarantee food safety
- Auxiliary equipment or utility services - to ensure the absence/presence of chlorine dioxide
Other advantages of Memosens technology
- The right choice of sensor for every application: from trace measurements to chlorine dioxide concentrations of 200 mg/l
- The fast response time (t 90 < 15 s) ensures an accurate view of the process and allows the operator to react immediately to counteract changes
- Flexible installation: Can be fitted in flow cell CCA151, CCA250 and immersion assemblies
- Easy to combine with other relevant liquid analysis parameters (Liquiline)
Chlorine dioxide levels are determined in accordance with the amperometric measuring principle.
- Maximum process safety
- Data security thanks to digital data transmission
- Very easy to use as sensor data saved in the sensor
- Recording of sensor load data in the sensor enables predictive maintenance
The chlorine dioxide (ClO 2 ) in the medium diffuses through the sensor membrane and is reduced to
chloride ions (Cl - ) at the gold cathode. At the silver anode, silver is oxidized to silver chloride.
Electron donation at the gold cathode and electron acceptance at the silver anode cause a current to
flow which is in proportion to the concentration of chlorine dioxide in the medium. This process
takes place in a wide pH and temperature range
The transmitter uses the current signal to calculate the measured variable for concentration in mg/l
Mode of operation
The sensor consists of:
- Membrane cap (measuring chamber with membrane)
- Sensor shaft with large-surface anode and plastic, embedded cathode
The electrodes are in an electrolyte which is separated from the medium by a membrane. The
membrane prevents the electrolyte from leaking and protects against contaminant penetration.
Calibration takes place by means of a colorimetric comparison measurement based on the DPD
method for chlorine dioxide. The calibration value determined is entered in the transmitter.
The ions listed were checked with the specified concentrations. A summary effect has not been
studied. No cross-sensitivities were observed up to the concentration levels indicated.
A complete measuring system comprises:
- Disinfection sensor CCS50D (membrane-covered, ⌀25 mm) with corresponding installation adapter
- Flowfit CCA151 flow assembly
- Measuring cable CYK10
- Transmitter, e.g. Liquiline CM44x or CM44xR
- Optional: extension cable CYK11
- Optional: flow assembly Flowfit CCA250 (if a pH/ORP sensor is to be installed)
- Optional: immersion assembly CYA112